Gothic Cuirass with Tassets
Surprisingly, armour can be pleasing to the eye and still be defensive. Take, for example, the Gothic Cuirass with Tassets, which provides impressive protection for the torso and thighs while featuring an attractive, 12th century style. A matching breastplate with backplate forms the cuirass. Each piece is fashioned from 18-gauge steel plates, welded together for maximum durability. Built-in faulds and tassets provide extra protection to the hips and thighs. Rolled edges and rivets increase safety and deflection. Adjust the armour to your comfort and fit with the buckle straps found at the shoulders and sides. Complete your look by combining this cuirass with the rest of the Gothic armour pieces such as the Gothic Gorget with Pauldrons.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Includes the breastplate and backplate
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Customized fit with adjustable buckle straps
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use leather-care products for the fittings.
- Breastplate: 32 Inches long by 18 Inches wide
- Back Plate: 23 Inches long by 18 Inches wide
These measurements are of the armour only, and do not include the Length of the leather straps and buckles.
Please keep in mind that if you are planning on wearing a gambeson or a heavily padded shirt (or anything with additional possible bulk) under your armor, you should take your measurement while wearing the garment/s and order with that number in mind for the armour.